Everytime the bathroom door is open my son thinks its a invit to stick his hands in the toilet, so i keep the door shut but i live with my two sisters and it doesnt always stay shut. what should i do?

leslie83

Asked by leslie83 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put the lid down
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• They have locks for the toilet lids at walmart
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ask them to keep the door shut. I have to do the same thing because of my daughter. And putting the lid down doesn't help because then she will try to open it and when she does I know what will happen..her fingers will end up getting smashed.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i bought the toilet locks
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ask them to keep it shut. Explain to them that there are a lot of hazards in bathrooms (soaps, shampoos, vitamins, toilet, etc) and the baby should just be kept out of there.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Buy a lock for the Toilet it worked for us.
    Anonymous

• Get a toilet lock.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Personally, I'm a popper. Pop his little hands and say NO don't do that, or something to that effect. Little people are people too and they understand what we say. If you display sternly enough that you don't want him to do that anymore, he'll stop doing it for 2 reasons. One, it may scare him a bit to see you upset over it and two, little hands don't like to get stung! I'm not saying hand him upside down and whip him, but a little pop on the fingers has proven to be a good deterent in my expierence.
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 4:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• A toilet lock isn't always a realistic option if you have children older than you're tolddler, but younger than a big kid. For instance, you don't want you're 5yr old to have an accident, because the toilets locked! And it's a temporary solution. If it's you're only child, then lock the toilet now if you want, but you'll still have to teach him right from wrong, what he can and can't do and most importantly discipline, at some point. I agree with DMommy4, a small pop won't send him into hysterics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• RULE ONE in my home shut the door. I ask my 3 yr old, after she pottys did you shut the door? If your sisters do not shut the door have them clean the mess, not likely to happen too often
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 7:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2009