Anyone using Mirena or an IUD experience any LONG periods?

I had it done Dec. 2nd and I stopped bleeding for a week, then its like my period started and its still going. I'm wishing it would stop!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• I have had mine for almost 5 years and have not had any problems.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have had mine for 2 years & have not had a period
    AlexDan2

Answer by AlexDan2 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• They say on the website that its not un-common for it, but to me, its not right. Plus, I'm tired of having to buy shout stain removal because of bleed throughs. Its says it can last 3-6 months. Its driving me NUTS!
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 10:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just had my second one put in. My six week check up is Friday and I just stopped bleeding about a week ago. This is not uncommon at first. Eventually it will and hopefully like me you will have no period at all. At least with my last one that was the case.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 10:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You will bleed for up to 12 weeks following insertion of the IUD. After that my periods stopped completely. You should have been told this prior to having it done. To me 10 weeks of spotting is well worth not having a period for over a year now...
    Anonymous

• I bleed for almost 8 weeks when it was first put in. The first 3 or 4 it was a steady flow, then after that just spotting. Now almost a year later I have a little spotting every month and that is all.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have had mine for a year and a half and haven't a period yet.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i had a couple of light periods and some very painful cysts, but after that, none whatsoever.
    noah_n_mommy07

Answer by noah_n_mommy07 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009