how would you go about telling an adult to brush their teeth?

I know someone that never brushes their teeth and it is gross!!!
How can I tell them without just saying it?
I have gave hints but still no teeth brushing... their breath stinks so bad and I know the plaque is building over and over...ewwwwww

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you out an say it. Discretely though.

Anonymous

• ewww.....this is happening to me right now, too and it's my friggin BOYFRIEND!!!! I finally just decided to ask nicely "you brushed your teeth, right?" or "I'll be out of here in a minute so you can BRUSH YOUR TEETH".

I mean, how disgusting!! Why in the hell would an adult not brush their teeth? I have thought of breaking up with him because of it.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It is my DH and I do not know why he does not brush his teeth and he tried kissing me tonight with his UNBRUSHED tongue and I thought I woas going to puke!!! He has never not brushed his teeth but I can tell you it has been several weeks now..... I am so afraid to just say... your breath stinks ... brush your teeth but I laughed when I read your post MammaMia... I do the SAME things..... LOL
    Anonymous

• Yeah I would just say "honey I am going to brush my teeth now and I also set up your toothbrush for you" I would also start talking about brushing teeth more often and I would find out some facts like "hey did you know its better to brush your teeth in a circular motion rather than up and down" or something lame like that.
    Good luck....that sucks.....nothing worse than chilling with somebody who suffers from halitosis.
    Anonymous

• buy them a toothbrush and give it to them
    Anonymous

• i had the same prob when i started to date my husband.. so when he came over to my house after school. before he was allowed to kiss me he had to brush his teeth. I even had a toothbrush for him to keep at my house.
    after a couple of weeks he started to brush his teeth at home too and his mom called thanking me. oh well.
    good luck
    Anonymous

• Oh man! I HATE the feeling I get on my teeth if I haven't brushed at least ONCE in 24 hours, blach!

I have no idea how someone can go that long!!!!

By that point you gotta be able to smell your own breath!

We go to the dentist regularly and my husband NEVER flossed his teeth. Now that the dentist and I are both constantly nagging him about it, he gave in and does it. It really makes a difference! If you don't floss the food gets stuck inbetween and just rots. GROSS!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009