Was any body else not sure?

My husband really wants another baby. Not right now because our daughter is only 7 months but in a few years. I don't really know if I want to have another. While I was pregnant I didn't have any problems at all, not even morning sickness but when I went into labor my contractions didn't get strong enough for me to deliver naturally. The doctor called it an abruption. He said the placenta had started to pull away causing bleeding. And since it happened once it is more likely to happen again. I looked up some info and found out that this can be really dangerous to both the mommy and the baby. I don't know how to explain all this to my husband. I don't want to leave my baby girl without a mommy just to try for another baby. Any suggestions on how to talk to my husband?

theosgirl45

Asked by theosgirl45 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Tell him that you're not willing to die!! Talk to your doctor while dh is present. Chances are though, you would be fine, they would just give you a c-section a few weeks prior to your due date. I don't know really what to tell you. My labor wasn't progressing and so I had to have an emergency c-section. However, I wasn't bleeding internally. I think you should speak with a professional to see what the real risk is for YOU. Good luck Mama! . .. and if you just don't really want any more children, well then I suggest that you just be honest. Tell him that having another child will take away from all that you will be able to give the baby that you already have.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009