Was any body else not sure?

My husband really wants another baby. Not right now because our daughter is only 7 months but in a few years. I don't really know if I want to have another. While I was pregnant I didn't have any problems at all, not even morning sickness but when I went into labor my contractions didn't get strong enough for me to deliver naturally. The doctor called it an abruption. He said the placenta had started to pull away causing bleeding. And since it happened once it is more likely to happen again. I looked up some info and found out that this can be really dangerous to both the mommy and the baby. I don't know how to explain all this to my husband. I don't want to leave my baby girl without a mommy just to try for another baby. Any suggestions on how to talk to my husband?

theosgirl45

Asked by theosgirl45 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would just tell him. He is your husband, and he should understand why it is hard for you. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think it would be a good idea for your husband to go with you to the doctor to discuss the risks of another pregnancy. Your body hasn't had time to heal yet and you must take steps to take care of yourself. Be assertive and direct in telling your husband your concerns. It's your health and your body.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 11:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• MY 3RD PREG. ENDED IN AN ABRUPTION AT 28 WKS.. THAT WAS IN 1974. I HAD 4 MORE BABIES AFTER THAT.. WITH A GOOD DOC. I FEEL YOU SHOULD BE FINE.. BUT GO WITH WHAT U THINK IS RIGHT AND WHAT YOUR DOC FEELS IS RIGHT FOR YOU.
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 11:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• just be honest. tell him your not ready. keeping a good check on the baby will increase chance of catching any abruption. i do agree that it is too soon and dont even plan on me having another till sometime next year ('10). both need to be ready. i would love another but hubby isnt ready now and i respect that.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009