Crock pot recipes

I would really love to start using our crockpot but I dont know how and what kind of foods to make in it
Any recipes Thank you

MamaAlderman_2

Asked by MamaAlderman_2 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can make ANYTHING in the crock pot. I LOVE mine! I've made pot roast in it (the traditional way you would in the oven, and cook it for 6 hrs on low) and beef stew and all kinds of good stuff.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• italian beef sandwiches

1 beef roast (i usually buy eye of round roast)
    put it in the crockpot and fill up with a couple of bottles of beer (i usually use 2 1/2... depends on the size of the roast)
    add two packets of italian seasoning (the kind you make dressing with)
    cook on low all day (i usuallly put it in around 7.30am and it's done for dinner at 5.30)
    shred with forks about an hour prior to serving

serve on buns with banana peppers, and provel cheese (provel cheese is a st. louis thing and you may not be able to find it... provolone is good too)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• abelsmama07 that sounds sooo good! Try going to some websites like recipezaar.com or allrecipes.com.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• BOOKSTORES HAVE COOK BOOKS FOR CROCKPOTS ONLY .. I BOUGHT ONE OF THEM FOR MY DAUGHTER... STEWS, SOUPS, ROASTS, CHICKEN, EVEN PORK CHOPS WORK IN THE CROCKPOT.
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 11:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• www.crockpot.com
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• There is also a great group here on Cafemom called crock pot moms. There are hundreds of recipies on there, and alot of experienced crockers, so if you ever have any questions or anything they are always really helpful. I have gotten a ton of recipies from there. And they are all archived into groups, so if you are looking for a chicken dish, or pork, or beef they are very easy to look up.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 10:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• This is one of my favorites:
    2 chicken breasts cooked and diced, 1 onion diced, 1 green pepper diced, a large can of diced tomatoes (I think 15oz?), 3 chicken boullion cubes, 1-2 cloves of garlic minced, salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low for 5 hours (at least. I have left it in for up to 9 and it is fine). Serve on rice and top with sour cream.
    I loved my slowcooker when I was a working wife, because you turn it on before you go to work, then it is ready when you are! I use it on days when I have appointments, errands or playdates because I never have to worry about getting home to make dinner.
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 11:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2009