as im 2o weeks how many times a month should i be seen by my ob?

my next app is on the 20th of this month so pretty much im waiting a hole month till then, but im confused cause i dont know why it takes so long for me to be seen!

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 10:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I saw my dr. once a month until i was 7 months then twice a month until 36 weeks, then once a week.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you only need to be seen once a month. its normal. after that at 30 weeks it will be every 2 weeks then at the last month it is every week. that is how it is for me at least and how ive always known it to be.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am only seen once a month for now, once i get to 28 weeks i will be seen every 2 weeks(2 a month). I think that is the normal pattern the Dr.s use.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 10:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• sorry but I think you have a typo...are you 2 weeks?
    generally unless you are high risk, doctors don't rush to get you in until 12 weeks since all they can do until then is have you pee in a cup and measure your BP. at 12 weeks is when they can listen to the heartbeat and actually measure things.

if it's supposed to say 20 weeks instead of 2o weeks, yes once a month is normal until the 3rd trimester.
    Anonymous

• once a month
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• lol sorry no, im 20 weeks
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 10:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes, once a month is normal.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was told once a month until 26 weeks, then every 2 weeks until 34 weeks then once a week unless your high risk and there is a problem
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Its just once a month till your towards the end unless something major is wrong or your high risk. I know that the appointments are so far apart and you mind goes in crazy directions wondering if everything is alright. Its a long wait between appointments in my eyes. good luck
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• be grateful sweetie I have to be seen almost every week at 22 weeks because of high risk.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009