• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever felt like you would go no where in life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes
    Anonymous

• No.
    Anonymous

• It seems like that with me. I'm bad at school and can't keep a steady job.
    Anonymous

• Yes I'm feeling like that now....I have always worked, not at the same place, but I have experience with many things, I am professional and good at team work and I look out for the better of the company I work for. But now I'm unemployed and looking for work and can't get nothing, I want a career not to work in retail or waitress, I have an associates degree and I am noticing that isn't enough soooo I guess I'm gonna try those online courses and try to get a business degree. places and people are tooo picky these days about hiring people, all they see is degree and experience, not looking at what you have to offer or the skills you can bring to the table.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes i feel that way now. i just keep trying to find a path thats right for me but it seems that nothing is. I have a great daughter and husband and I believe in God..but I still feel passionless and void.
    Anonymous

• yes. I have been feeling like a TOTAL loser these days. I was doing EXTREMELY well in college for 3 years then I hit a depression like no other and ended up dropping out. Now I have no school, no job because I have no degree (though I should have graduated with my BA by now) and a bunch of bills I cannot afford.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I use to, but I grew up and realized what I wanted out of life, and now I'm going for it :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'm a professional student. I've had more education than anyone else in my family and more education than probably 98% of my community. But what do I do with it? Not a lot as far as a career goes. I've owned my own business. I've ran other people's businesses. But neither has anything to do with my studies...lol. I suppose it just makes me a better conversationalist in the long run.  Honestly though, I don't feel I've ever wasted my time with college.  Knowledge is very important if it's nothing but recreational for a person!  I enjoy it and it keeps the mind young.  A person should never stop learning.  So yeah...I've had dreams that weren't accomplished.  But new dreams replaced the old ones and I feel more than content with life.

Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I used to feel that way, but I don't anymore, a talked to my pastor and she helped me tons. I also watched an amazing video called the Secret. It is a little controversial, but I was inspired. YOUR LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT,  and you can go anywhere you put your mind to.   

Feel free to PM me, I would love to talk to you. 

"Reach for the Stars, just remember to use a ladder"

Rachel Foster  www.abetteru.2freedom.com

mrssfoster

Answer by mrssfoster at 9:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I did feel like that! I have a bachelors degree in Elementary Education but couldn't find a job in my area. I also realized that I did not like to be "trapped" in a classroom everyday. I realized this during my student teaching but I had already come to far, I decided I needed to graduate. So, for a while there I was feeling completely useless. I had finished school, took care of my daughter, and worked and I had nothing really to show for it. I wasted 4 years in school for something that I don't even want to do. But one day, I decided that if I wanted to be happy and successful I would have to do something! And since I did not want to be "trapped" anywhere I decided to start a home business so that I am always in control of my life!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 10:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2009