Weird gel like discharge maybe TMI

I am 21 weeks pregnant and went to the bathroom and had a weird gel like discharge. It does not have a smell and is white in color? I am going to call the doctor in the morning. Has this happened to anyone or do you know what this may be. Also I am having no discomfort in my vag area but am really concerned. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• is it like lotion? if so, its just discharge...I got that around 20 weeks myself. Good Luck
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• This is very common in pregnancy. It is caused by heightened levels of progesterone. There is no need to worry. If there was an odor then that would normally cause worry. Progesterone is heightened during pregnancy to help keep the placenta implanted into the uterine wall. You're fine, Mama. If an odor develops, consult your ob/gyn or midwife. Congrats on your pregnancy and best wishes to you, your little one and your family. God Bless.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would also like to add, though, that sometimes during most pregnancies, your vagina may smell a bit different. This is also common, but if the odor is offensive, definitely consult your doctor because you could have Bacterial Vaginosis, which commonly smells like "fish" . . yes fish!! Yuck, right? Untreated, BV can,(can, not definitely) cause birth defects and preterm labor. It will usually also cause cramping and more discharge than normal. I had it during my pregnancy and I experienced major cramping, and so I was treated with medicine. Now that I have frightened the crap out of you, I just want you to know, I gave you this extra info not because I think that is what you are currently experiencing, but I want you to be aware if this should occur. Again, God bless you and your family.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Thank you I was really worried. I thought there was something wrong.
    Anonymous