I dont have a Religion...

I use to go to church when i was really little but havent in a long time...i dont really want to go either. but i do believe in god and that he helps and cares about us all..but if i dont go to church and dont really have a religion does that mean that god doesnt hear me? I talk/pray to him/her all the time...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• God hears everyone.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I agree with SAHMinIL - God hears everyone. I truly don't think he cares if you go to some man-made church. He knows what's in your heart and that is all that matters.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Also I just wanted to add that God answers ALL prayers too, it's just at times it not the answer we want.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I don't have a religion either ;)

I'll be honest, I use to always wondered about this b/c of John 9:31 “We know that God does not hear sinners, but those who worship Him and do His will, those He hears.” But I found this article http://www.gotquestions.org/unbeliever-prayer.html It's interesting. I'll have to study it more and see first. I agree with it where it talks about God's will though.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 3:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Just pray to god to show u the way to heaven going to church doesnt make u good or bad it is the realition ship you have with god and only he can help you not church not a priest paster or even jesus or even muhammed only god
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 4:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• no one ever said you had to have a religion. you just have to beleive. that's it. god hears us all, christians, jews, muslims, jehovah's witnesses. that's what i beleive.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• If you believe Christian history, Jesus only stepped foot in a "church" three times in his life--at the age of 12, when he ended up preaching to the rabbis, in his home town synagogue when they mocked him (a prophet is without honor in his own land), and when he raged through the temple of Jerusalem, knocking over the tables of the money changers. He called the priests and church-going phonies "A generation of vipers." and "Ye fools, and whited sepulcres (graves)." He preached from the sea, from hillsides, and in the open air. He visited the homes of sinners, tax collectors, and simple people like fishermen. I am now an Atheist, but I think that if chosing to believe is your path, go the way you feel most comfortable. Living faith is more important then being a member or being seen walking into a particular church or religious faith. In my research, all religious beliefs have something of value in them. No one particular belief systems is the only right one.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I suggest you read the gospel and get to know JESUS.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 11:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2008