i know it is TMI but im so sick of this!

the past like 2 weeks.. i have had a Bowel movement about 5 times a day!! im not dehydrated either. i drink a gallon of water a day! (what my dr recommended)

im 8 1/2 months pregnant... is this a sign of anything? or does it just mean i have to go? lol
it gets annoying and i go through a LOT of toilet paper lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well if you were dehydrated you would probably have the opposite problem.
    I just think it means you have to go.
    Anonymous

• have you changed your diet at all recently? or any meds? I agree if you were dehydrated the opposite would be happening.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you can go a lot and it can mean you are dehydrated.
    ive heard some people say as you get ready to go into labor your body will naturally empty itself out of waste to prep for labor. but im not sure if THATS what it means.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It is totally normal... its your body trying to get ready for baby !! :-D Just keep doing what your doing drink lots of water!!! Goodluck and congrats momma!
    mommas2CuteGirl

Answer by mommas2CuteGirl at 10:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've heard of diarrhea being a pre-labor symptom.. your body purges everything it can. I don't know what to tell you about regular BMs.. maybe the pressure from the baby is making you feel like you have to go more? (Not to be gross) but if you're not passing a LOT - it could just been that.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• yeah kelso my doctor said it can mean you are dehydrated so thats why he tested to see if i was dehydrated and i was not.
    no diet change, no meds.
    Anonymous

• not to be gross either but its a lot sometimes.
    Sometimes im sitting there a good 10 minutes or more...
    Anonymous

• if you have a time when your bottom's not raw from pooing so much put vaseline on your hole edge and around it to prevent yourself from getting a rash there. You sure don't need that now.
    Anonymous

• could just be getting ready to have the baby, this can take weeks so dont freak out about it. i think i did lots of poo the last month before baby too.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had the same thing at the end of my pregnancy. Its normal from what I know of. Congrats mama!!!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 12:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2009