Whats the best stuff for natural curly hair. (and to help with frizz) my hair is really thick and kinda long!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I just wash it with all natural soap and use vinegar as conditioner :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• OMG . . autumn, please dont put vinegar in your hair. Always leave some conditioner in your hair. Never rinse it all out, it helps to weigh down your hair. Also, herbal essence was the first conditioner that I discovered to give my hair some peace. Another product I love is, Mane N Tail, they have a grease like product called, Hair dressing. I use it and you only need a tiny bit. It will accentuate your curls, give them shine and keep your hair from frizzing COMPLETELY. My other friend with curly hair likes to use Pink Lotion. These last two products will have to find in the black womens' section. Believe it or not, white women need these products also. Good Luck!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Having really curly hair myself, moisturize moisturize moisturize. When I get out of the shower I will put some conditioner in my hand and work it through from the bottom up. Try to stay away from the scalp as it tends to make it flat up there. Then I comb through with a wide comb then put on some Sunsilk de frizz cream. Then I'll put in some Dove mousse for curls and either let air dry or use the diffuser. Now with the little bit of frizz you are bound to have after it dries, dampen your hands and just smooth over your hair. And I finish with a spritz or two of the Aussie sprunch spray. After years of messing with it and trying 100 different products this is what keeps my curls lovely and the frizz at bay. I do this for my daughter too who was blessed with the frizz :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have natural, wavy and thick hair. I tried lots of shampoos but they all just made my hair dry and unmanageable. My sister told me to try Pantene Smooth and Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner. My hair's texture improved, moisturized, and became manageable. My hair looks better the next day too so I shampoo every other day to let the natural oil come out. I am not switching to any shampoo ever!
    BloomingJen

Answer by BloomingJen at 6:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The best thing I ever learned--never comb or brush your hair when it is naturally curly. I run my fingers through it in the shower, that's it. I use Aussie leave-in conditioner plus mousse and I love it!
    IrishDruidMama

Answer by IrishDruidMama at 2:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009