Herion in a drink for date rape???

Ok, so on New Year's Eve I met a new guy. We were drinking alot, so I wasn't terribly surprised that I was pretty tipsy. BUT near the end of the night I SUDDENLY got super wasted -- like falling all over the place and messed up vision, ect. I dismissed it as having too many shots and not enough to eat earlier in the day. I kept having a nagging feeling, though, that something wasn't right because I could only remember small snippets from that night. I decided to have a drug test and I TESTED POSITIVE for "non-prescription OPIOIDS." That's heroin right? Why would someone with access to drugs use heroin in a drink? I'm FREAKED OUT.

Ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• not just heroin. lots of drugs have opioids in them.
    Anonymous

• I looked online and could really only find herion...what else????
    Anonymous

• also note that any medication on this list will show up oddly on a drug test

Anonymous

• it was listed as "non prescription"
    Anonymous

• AND I am not any medications....
    Anonymous

• poppy seeds can even mess up a drug test, so it might not be heroin
    Anonymous

• THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF SICKOS OUT THERE. JUST BE THANKFULL YOU MADE IT HOME IN ONE PIECE AND BE CAREFUL WHO YOU GO OUT WITH.
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 11:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• yep, poppy seeds are a very common food item that shows up as non-prescription opioids
    Anonymous

• Wow that's really freaky. Never leave your drink!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Some people use opium in mixed drinks, it's illegal but they do it. It will seriously mess you up. My husband got a drink while he was overseas in the military and it had opium in it. It made him feel the same way as you described. Becarefull at parties and never ever leave your drink unattended or let someone else get you a drink cuz you never know what'll happen from point A to point B with that drink.
    Angie32Red

Answer by Angie32Red at 11:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009