at the end of your pregnancy, when do they start checking to see if you are beginning to dilate?

at how many weeks do they usually check?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 11:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 36 i think.. but there is no point in getting anby vaginal exams. they can not tell you anything useful lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think i was like 36 weeks, but it didnt matter how far i was they wouldnt do anything about it :(
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm curious about this as well. With my last pregnancy I hadn't been checked prior to when I experienced pre-term labor at 33 weeks (I was at 1 cm at that time), and was not checked again until I went to the Hospital when my water broke at 36 weeks. I'm about 29 weeks now and haven't been checked yet.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• well ive already been having pre term labor and (i know its not much) but during the time i was at the hospital for this they checked me and i was already almost a centimeter. which is why i was wondering...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• that last month they make you go like every week is when they did me so i got checked like 3 times before i had my son
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I HAVE HAD 8 CHILDREN AND IT REALLY ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR DOC. AND IF HE OR SHE THINKS IT IS NEEDED..AND REALLY WHAT GOOD IS IT. THE BABY COMES WHEN IT COMES.
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 11:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i think it would be good to know if you are dilating ...what if you are already dilated a good amount. right the baby will come when it comes but why not be prepared for it?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• starting after 36 weeks is up so on 37w0d they will start checking.
    Anonymous

• actually, it tells you nothing. women can be dialated a 1 and go into labor that day, or dialated a 4 and go into labor a week later lol. It can't prepare you at all. :)

I refuse them
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• well i would like to know if i am dilating.
    im just curious WHEN they do them not if they are meaningful to you. im sorry. i appreciate the input though.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009