What is a good brand of champagne?

My friend is getting married next week and asked me to bring champagne. It's just going to be a small civil ceremony and then a celebration in the city. None of us drink champagne but as that is what you drink during a celebration they want some. I don't mind getting some, I just don't know what would be good. They want it to be sweet and not taste too much like champagne. Is there a champagne like that? Could anyone help please? Can I get champagne at a liquor store or would it be somewhere different, like a specialty store? I'm not much of a drinker myself so I'm new to all this.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 12:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If all you want is a fizzy, sweet, white wine that doesn't cost too much then why not just go for Asti Spumante? It won't be champagne but then again real champagne is never sweet but as they don't want it to taste like champagne where's the problem? It's also a helluva lot cheaper.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 12:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2011

• I agree with winter ^
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2011

• Lambrusco
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2011