a stupid question....

im sorry to ask a such stupid question but i got comcast internet in a laptop and i want to move my laptop everywhere with me in my house without my laptop connected to that little box ,i want to ask how can i have wireless with a password,for only me and dont want people in my building to access it or to access information in my computer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We have comcast wireless. It will be a secure connection and anyone else would have to have a password to get on.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I meant to say...my son came home to visit and he has a laptop and tried to get on here at the house through our connection and it would not let him. We had to call comcast to get the password. lol
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• we bought a linksys wireless router and we have a lock on it!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We have all of our routers password protected, and it's a long one with an alpha/numerical combination (it's harder to get hacked) we use linksys, but all of them can be password protected
    nAnTcElOu

Answer by nAnTcElOu at 9:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• oh crud! I don't remember how to set it up! It's been 6 months or so since I had comcast! I know you can do it though. check your instruction booklet that came with your router first. I'm pretty sure you do it with that and not the modem.
    Anonymous