This is stressful and I need help!!!

I've been with my childs father since for6 years and we have done nothing but fight for the past year. The problem is he puts his family before me and thats very frustrating. I love him ad try to explain to him how i feel but when we talk about it he gets upset and tries to say that i just don't like his family. He even takes things i say and turn them around to make it seem like i really don't like them and my child being around them and tells them, so that they can be upset with me. Although them being upset with me don't bother me , him lying on me does. We recently split up and i moved to another city with our 19 month old and he's now telling me how he was wrong and he don't understand why he didn't see it before. Should i really be done with him or try again, because we have broken up so many times and he does the same thing. I'm not trynna keep our baby from him, but what to do?

Edanap1988

Asked by Edanap1988 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Only you can decide wether you are willing to give him another shot. I will tell you that my husband and I recently started seeing a counselor and he gave us some great advice. You have to make eachother your number 1 priority. He needs to know what your needs are met and be able to meet them along with you doing that for him. He needs to make sure you are happy first, not his family. Not to say they aren't important, but you should always be his first priority.
    check out this website, marriagebuilder.com
    good luck
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It's a decision only you can make. Has he said he saw it before or is this a new thing? Maybe you should both move to another city from family if you do want to work it out so there's not as much interference
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Make him come to you. See how you are away from his family and try to really set some boundaries and a committed plan. You can't just pick up where you left off and see what happens. If you are going to survive, you both have to stop the fighting, leave the past in the past and agree to work together going forward.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009