What is the best brand of stainless steel pots?

I am remodeling my kitchen and get all new cookware. Going with cast iron skillets, ceramic bakeware and stainless steel pots. I have always used non-stick, but want to get away from those, so I was wondering what is the best brand of stainless steel pots?

WvPhotobug

Asked by WvPhotobug at 11:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• All-Clad, but if you don't want to spend that type of cash then there are some pretty good alternatives. Cuisinart makes a really pretty and really good set of pots. Emeril's stuff is made by All-Clad, and it's slightly less expensive. The Calphalon tri-ply gets good ratings, too.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have some all-Clad and the rest are from Target (ChefMate I think?), similar structure, work great for soups, sauces, etc. But for skillets etc I do rely on my all-clad it is awesome.

Make sure to consider what kind of stovetop you have - smooth-top electric supposedly doesn't do well with copper-bottom for example, gas stoves heat differently, if you're remodeling take that into consideration too. JEalous!!
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have a set of power seal pots and pans gauranteed for LIFE. Large investment but you will never have to replace them again. They are heavy duty and one piece design, No welded on bottom which leads to uneven cooking . Can go from stove to oven to the dinner table with any of them handle and all up to 400 degree. The handels remove if you want to broil in them. I cant say enough about them have had them for 7 years and are FABULOUS. One time I had unloaded the dish washer and set a tupperware bowl in one of my pots. I turned the wrong eye on and had left the room to come back with the smoke alarm going off and had melted the bowl in my pot. Thought I would DIE, knew the hubby was gonna shoot me for ruining that pot but All came out clean and was like new again!!!!!!!!! Just cant say enought about them. EXCELLENT
    momof3sc

Answer by momof3sc at 10:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my new husband and i were given some faberware.

terri913

Answer by terri913 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009