what do you parents think of hickies??

what would you tell your son or daughter if you saw a hicky on their neck?? I hate them I think hickies are a sign of disrespect...I was just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I really think they're gross. Never liked them and always thought they looked tacky.

I think I'd tell my kids that it looked tacky (assuming they're over 18 and outta my house, lol). If they were coming home looking like that (living under my roof) we'd be sitting down to have a talk.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with you. My mother would have killed me! Also, if they are going as far as hickies, I would venture to say they are not stopping there.
    Anonymous

• I think they are a trashy display of what goes on behind closed doors. I would tell my child that it sends the wrong impression to people about the kind of person they are. It is difficult to respect someone you have just met when they have signs of their sexual activities on their neck.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have always thought hickies were low class and trashy. I have never allowed myself to get one . . ewww. Like Danielle said, it definitely sends an impression about the type of person you are. Lay down the law Mamas . . . hickies are trashy!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• they are disrespectful for parents but i remember as a teen they used to be fascinating to me and my friends.you come back after a weekend and you have hickeys and the spotlight turns on you the whole monday.they probarbly doent mean any harm or disrespect,they are...well..teenagers...
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 3:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It gives parents the creeps but I know as a teenager, they were cool and attention getting like the above post says. Not in a slutty way, just in a "I am grown up and have a relationship" way. It's not always the case, I know. My mother called me on mine and I said, "It's not like it's on my boob!" Believe me, I was innocent then. It was just kissing. We need to tell our kids how we feel even if they don't seem to listen or understand. I don't think you should keep it to yourself but don't tell him/her in a condemning way. Ask them a question about it and see where it goes.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i remember getting hickies when i was younger and i wasnt doing anything more than making out, i agree i think as a teenager its more of an attention thing or even claiming your territory as silly as that sounds, now i think they are so nasty looking on anyone i see and i instantly think trashy, if my kid still lived at home i would tell them how bad it made them look and talk to them about what was going on so i knew they were protected and knew the consequences...(i got pregnant at 19, and i fully blame it on the fact that i couldnt talk to my mohter and that she didnt talk to me) i was too afraid she would be mad to go on birth control...if they didnt live home, well thats their business how they want to look
    DaraMichelle

Answer by DaraMichelle at 10:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I HATE THEM!  I have told my daughter that it's like she is a walking billboard saying to the world look what I did.  I have actually went up to her boyfriend and requested him to lay off her neck!!  Which was very embarrassing for the both of them. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• it's like ur the fire hydrant and the giver of the hickey is a dog.
    it's not classy, and its stupid.
    when i was a teen, i never allowed them on my body its just yucky
    babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• nasty and trashy

hopingforanange

Answer by hopingforanange at 12:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009