Formula not satisfying 2month old

I swear he eats 24-7... he is always hungry. 8 ounces and he still is crying for more! Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's probably going through a growth spurt.

Don't let anyone convince you to give him cereal yet. It's way to early.

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/delay-solids.html
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• keep feeding him. hes just a hungry growing boy.
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• yep I agree w/pp some babies eat so fast they don't know they are full until it is too late and they throw up.My ds did that all the time.Can you try to feed him slower,burp more,take lil breaks? to see if it helps? my son screamed like hell but it helped.If ou are really worried talk to his doc about the issue.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

Anonymous

Anonymous

• He may even be teething. Many babies just want to suck on something to try to ease the pain. See if he is happy with a wet wash cloth instead. If not, you'll know he is probably hungry. If so, he may be teething.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It's just my opinion, and I'm sure people will not agree. But with my kids I didn't find a problem putting about a teaspoon of rice cereal in their bottles. If you don't want to do this just give him a second bottle, he will know when he is full and push the bottle away. I used to worry about feeding my babies too much, but once I gave in and gave them the second bottle they were much more content. You do what you feel is best.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 11:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Rice ceral! I had to start my son early too because he was always hungry.
    you can put some on his bottle! it really works!
    with my son I did made him a little bow or rice cereal in the morning (runny consistency) and at night I would put a tablespoon or more in the bottle!
    It was wonderful!!!! he was happy and I was happy!
    At 4 months we started with veggies
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 3:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Give that baby some cereal! Don't listen to everyone else, listen to you're baby. If he's not full, he's not full, and if he's not satisfied, NEITHER of you can sleep peacefully. Not a whole tablespoon, but just a sprinkle ( Gerber-Single Grain Rice) on the top of the milk when you fill and the bottle and WATCH what happens. My five yr old was the same way, he was my largest baby. Every baby is different. Listen to him, try it out just once and see if either of you is satisfied with the results.
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 4:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2009