Anyones toddler ever have blood in stool

kristal599

Asked by kristal599 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• My toddler didn't have blood in his stool but my oldest did as an infant. It turned out to be a lactose allergy and they switched him to a soy formula and it never happened again so it could be allergy related. Did he try and new foods lately?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My son did when he was about 4.. We ended up taking him to a specialist for a colonoscopy and he had a pulup- Not sure how to spell it. anyways they tested it and it wasn't cancer or anything.. they just cut it off of his intestine.. he has been fine since.. he is 6 now...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• ok, think about it, it could be cuz the lil oe is pushing something thru a small opening....BUT it does depend how much blood there is
    babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If blood is bright red, its from the rectum and is a result of tearing (constipation). If its darker blood, then it could be a serious issues further up and you need to go see a doc ASAP
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• My dd used to get constipated all the time from here formula. She would have small streaks of blood on her stools as it was hard and would case a bit of tearing when she tried to push. My poor babes. so we changed her formies to soy and I would have to give her water with a small amt of karo syrup in it to soften it. Does your little one cry when trying to have a bowel movement? Or if your little one has iron enriched formies the iron might be to much.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 4:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009