I was told that I need to go and get a Colposcopy done because my pap came back abnormal. Cancer runs in my family, and I'm scared shitless! What can I do to calm my self? My hubby really dont know what to say or do. I'm in tears cause I'm so fucking scared. PLEASE pray for me and my family!

russian-mommy

Asked by russian-mommy at 12:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• Right now, in Jesus name, I pray for this sweet momma! Lord Jesus I ask that you would surround her with your love and comfort right now. Give her peace and rest tonight as she waits. Jesus help her know that you are the great physician. you made our bodies and no matter what any doctor says, you can heal our bodies. I ask right now that you would cause this womans body to come into perfect alignment with your will and your word that tells us you desire your children to be prosperous and healthy! Give her faith as she faces the unknown, give her confidence in you, Lord. Touch her right now, and meet every need that she has. Thank you Jesus for the miracle you will work in her life! Amen.
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 12:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• HOw old are you, if you are young and pregnant this is actually quite common. Second these days if you have had more than one sexual partner you are likely to have some form of HPV (the most common source of an abnormal pap) I myself went through all of this and stressed about cancer just to find out that my hormones from pregnancy caused the whole thing. Don't worry too much till you get the coloscopy results back. Good luck and I am praying for you!
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 12:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It is really quite common.. don't get scared or upset yet. They will do a biopsy and it will probably come back fine. 85% of paps come back with some abnormality. I worked at a lab and trust me if you knew what happened to those samples, you would be asking for another pap. If you don't feel it is accurate, go get another one done somewhere else and see how that one comes back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• 21 and not pregnant. my son is 7months old
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 12:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• thank you for that prayer!!!! *cries happy tears* thank you!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 12:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had a pap come back abnormal once. It turned out that the dr. didn't get enough of the cells. So I went back in for another one and it was normal. I hope everything turns out o.k. for you. Keep us posted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have had that done before. They found pre cancerous cells on my cervix. It was horrifying for me. But my doctor just scheduled me for a leap surgery, where they go and kind of buzz them off. The surgery only took 10 minutes, I was out of the hospital after an hour. My paps ever since have come back fine. And also, most of the women in my family (and there are many) have had the same thing happen. And none of them, all in their 40s or up have cancer now. Good luck to you!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have had this happen to me at 22. They did the colposcopy, which allows the doctor to take a larger sample that they will test, and I had more abnormal cells.

I have the option to wait and see and have regular colposcopies or have surgery.

I had a laser surgery to remove the cells and have not had an issue on any of my paps ever since. You will probably have to have more frequent paps for a couple of years later. Once you get a pattern of all clear then you back to a normal screening.

I am now 35 and have had 2 kids and there have been no issues.

It is a good thing that you had a pap and that they found the cells.
    Now the doctors can get rid of them, and allow your body to heal (about 6 weeks if I remember correctly).

Best Wishes.

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The doctors told me once that mine were abnormal too; but it was nothing. They always have to frighten us don't they?
    Heavenly Father lift the fear from her right now even as she reads these replies. Let her know that You are right there with her and her family.
    Allow there to be a clean bill of health and let her give You the praise.
    In Jesus name
    Amen
    Jesusiswelcome

Answer by Jesusiswelcome at 4:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2009