Toddler bed

I am having surgery in Aug which will not allow me to pick up anything voer 25pounds. problem is is my DD still sleeps in her crib. She'll be 2 in Sept. At what age do you move them from crib to toddler bed and how do you do it? My DD sleeps with her head against the crib, so how will that work in the toddler bed?

1lilgirl

Asked by 1lilgirl at 3:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's not an age - it's when your little one is ready.
    Just push the toddler bed into a corner so there is a wall at the head of her bed and along one side.
    Also, take time now to toddler-proof her room. This is really important if she is a climber or very active. You don't want her tipping over the dresser or pulling down the closet rod in the night because she was climbing it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• When we first moved Emily to a toddler bed we took a swimmnig noddle with a cover around it and put it under the sheet at the part of the bed where it was open so that she did not fall off,she also slpet with her hed on the crib but now she just pust up agains the pollow and the side of the bed. now we have taken it off and she has not fell off.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 3:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I never used a toddler bed, we went straight to a twin with a bed rail.
    AmyLMI

Answer by AmyLMI at 4:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Oh sorry to hear about the surgery. I put my son in a toddler bed a couple of weeks ago & he was one too like your little one that would sleep w/ his head up against the railing. I did put lots of pillows on the floor just incase he rolled off he'd have something soft to land onto, lol. Surprisingly he has yet to roll off but those pillows are still there, lol. Good luck!
    momma_of_kyky

Answer by momma_of_kyky at 4:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• could she sleep on the sofa for a while? or, just take the side of the crib off and turn it into a toddler bed. that's what i did.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Oh, her crib railing doesn't go down b/c her daddy lost the part that does that. So I have to lift her really high to get her into bed. I already have a toddler bed though, so I was just wondering how you let them know that this is where she'll sleep from now on. When I 1st got it,she thought it was for play and gets up. So we put it away.
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 7:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would start with putting her down in it for naps and then try it at bedtime and just explain to her that she is a big girl now and she gets a big girl bed and it should have her excited enough that she'll want to sleep there.
    emmasmommy1016

Answer by emmasmommy1016 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008