My 16 month old climbs all over me and I'm 10 weeks pregnant? Is this ok for now?

My ds is very attached to me so he always wants to be on me. He climbs all over me including my stomach and wants to sit on my stomach. I don't let him too much like I used to when I first found out I was pregnant, but I'm worried now because when he does get on me, he pushes the baby b/c I can feel it squishing around in there and it causes pains for me? Is the baby ok? Is there any way he could deform it or give it complications from wallering all over my belly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He will not be able to hurt the baby. The only issue is your own personal comfort.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• you should be fine, provided he's not jumping on your uterus lol.. i am 20 weeks pregnant and dd still occasionally steps on me, and she does sit on my lower tummy/pelvic region. your baby is safe behind a nice padded wall lol. :)

if it's painful, start teaching him to stop, and redirect him. my dd no longer does a lot that she used to because I have explained that "it hurts mommy, and the baby in mommy's tummy"... it took her a little bit, but she gets the idea now.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• This should be no problem unless you have some kind of complications. If it's causing YOU discomfort, though, you should probably teach your little one to be more careful! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2009