I choose to work full time is that wrong?

Hi All! My name is Annaleigh I have 2 beautiful little girls and a baby on the way. I was up until 3 months ago a SAHM. My dh makes enough money for us to live very comfortably without me working. However, I just recently took a job to pursue my love of animals as a pet sytlist. I love it!! Somedays, though I wonder if I should be working or being a SAHM. It is so hard to balance things! What is everyone's advice?? What should I do?

MamaAnnaleigh

Asked by MamaAnnaleigh at 12:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do what you love, when you want to do it and how. You know yourself better than anyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Whatever makes you happy. Some women love being SAHMs, others hate it, it's entirely up to you! If you feel you need a separate identity than "mother," maybe that's what you need (a job.) I speak as a SAHM lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• why would it be wrong??? do what you want to do, even if that means working!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Do what brings you happiness. The happier you are the happier your family will be.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Do what makes you happy and what you think makes you the best mom you can be.

For some that means working, for others that means being at home.

You know yourself and your kids best.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• well you are doing something you love #1.. and helping to bring in more money to the family... especially with times the way they are... that's great.. it could even go to helping to build college funds. but if you are truly missing being a SAHM... try talking them into doing it part time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You should work since you clearly enjoy it. Kids thrive in a loving home whether mom is home or not. Studies done have shown kids in daycare and at home all do basically the same in life. Do what you want and if some martyr tries to make you feel bad tell her to kiss your ass. I am a SAHM but that was my choice and is right for me. Your life you know what is right for you and your family.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• you could open your own pet grooming business from home, the best of both world.
    I love doing hair and being home so I am going to open an at home salon...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I could never do it. The idea of someone else raising my children was and is repulsive to me.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Repulsive is a big word...........you are doing nothing wrong. Maybe consider part time if you feel conflicted? My kids love their sitter and since I teach, I'm home with them for breaks. I say do what you love, it brings overall happiness that affects the whole household.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2009