how do i get my 11 month old dd to sleep in her own bed?

she use to sleep in her wn bed, but when she was 4 months old, she got a stomach virus and was throwing up. i was soo scared she would throw up in the middle of the night and get choked and i would not know know it. so i put her in bed with us! big mistake! now every night when i put her to sleep and try to lay her in her bed she will sleep there for about an hour. then shes awake and crying! help me!!!!!!

MadiIsMyAngel

Asked by MadiIsMyAngel at 12:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your home for naps, try putting her in there for naps. Try putting on a music, or tv, or record the sweeper onto a CD or something and play it while she is in there. The sense that she isnt alone helps alot!
    Madilynsmommy27

Answer by Madilynsmommy27 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Sense my son has been off the bottle, we have had the same problem. All I do is let him lay down with daddy until he falls asleep. Then I pick him up and put him in his own crib. At first he would wake up and cry when he found out he wasn't the the big bed. But after a few days he got used to it. I'm not sure this is the answer because there are alot of late nights. But maybe this will help.
    econnis

Answer by econnis at 9:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• meijer (if you have one where you live...otherwise try babies r us) has a wonderful noise machine and projector. it makes heartbeat, rain, and ocean noises as well as a couple different song and projects pictures on the wall or ceiling. try that. i warn you, though...if you start using a sleeping crutch, make sure you have a spare or you'll regret it when the first breaks!
    MommyToJessica

Answer by MommyToJessica at 10:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2009