how can i get my child to mind?

my child is going to be three in feb.. and he is so bad, it dont matter how many times you spank him, put him in time out , or anything he just doesnt care! what more can i do???? i have tried everything i know to do and nothing has worked!!! what more can i do?????

ashley205

Asked by ashley205 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You shouldn't really spank him JMO.
    Maybe you should talk to your Doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i know exactly how you're feeling. i have a 2 yr old and he's a monster!! time outs don't really work, and spanking does no good. but what i have tried is for example if my son is throwing something around after i tell him not to several times, i take it away. it works! also, ive tried spending one on one time with my son, like looking at a picture book and asking him what different things are and stuff like that. hope this helped a little.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 2:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I dont knwo what else you can do but I know what you can stop doing (telling from experience) You can stop spanking him! really! it works!
    When you stop spanking and instead get on your knews and talk eye to eye to him he will start to listen. ALSO ignore any bad behavior and as soon as he does something good even if it is small tell him how proud you are that he did... (whatever good). Even if he does some bad right after go back to ignoring... It works!
    *this is also a tough phase so you can break your hands spanking him it wont work.. so why do it?
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 3:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• everyone will tell you not to spank him and they are partly right. only spank him if he does something really wrong. and second sometime children do these things to get our attention. we may not realize we aren't giving them enough but they feel left out. sit do with him before you have to do someting and spend time with im then let him know that you'r going to be busy for awhile and whenyou get finished you will have more time with him. and i agree with ignoring the bad behavior and praising the good. but remember the more we expect our kids to do wrong the more they will. so expect them to do good and they will catch on and foloow your lead. and good luck its a long hard road and may take awhile.
    tabbykat377

Answer by tabbykat377 at 6:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2009