Flu Shot????

Do you believe in Flu Shots?

My Mom and I both Do NOT believe in them what so ever
and I had one doctor say I needed to get a flu shot and another say it's up to me I don't have to

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I mean it all depends I always get the flu every year but this year being preg. I havnt even been sick knock on wood . . and im not a big shot person
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Vaccination is a very hot and touchy subject. I, too am very against all vaccinations due to scientific and philosophical reasons, and I am especially flabbergasted by the flu shot. It is a very ineffective vaccine, and contains more ethyl-mercury than any other vaccine on the market. Scientists don't know exactly how the body metabolizes ethyl-mercury in relation to methyl-mercury (what is found in many pollutants and fish). Every person is different in how they metabolize things, and mercury, methyl or ethyl is never good to shoot up in to one's body, especially with such a piss poor vaccine as the flu shot. It is a personal choice however, and though I would never advise anyone, let alone a pregnant women to receive a flu shot, I would never bash a woman for doing so.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would never bash a woman for getting it i just feel you get the flu no matter what my best friend and her daughter get it every year and every year they end up so sick they can work or go to school for a week and that is right after they get the shot
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• can't **** typo sorry
    Mommy2Be1212009

• Do Not Do It. Go here for more info: http://nvic.org/Diseases/influenzafacts.htm
    Get at least 2000 IUs of Vit D a day and you should have the flu prevented.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• nope. i never get it... it contains a high amount of thermisol, for one thing, and that isn't healthy for anyone let alone a fetus. i have also never gotten the flu either.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Ask yourself this: If this "Flu Shot" does what the Dr.'s claim it does, than why do you have to get it more than once? It's supposed to help your body build up an immunity to the virus that causes the flu right? So when you get it you can fight it off better. Yet, it doesn't prevent you from contracting the virus at all, and you have to get the shot repeatedly. So what is it really doing for you? Other than making sure you're medical bill get's higher? If you get the flu, drink plenty of fluide, especially tea, and plain (boiled or bottled) water. You're body will flush the germs out naturally. That's what you're white blood cells are for after all. Don't waste you're time or money with a flu shot.
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 4:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• nope, i think they are pointless. Who is to say if you would have gotten the flu anyway? no one. also its not good to get them BECAUSE according to a doctor i know actually a few doctors. (i dont know why i know so many doctors LOL anyway) they all say that when you are sick, you have already been sick. and could have been sick for a few weeks prior. Its just NOW your body is showing symptoms but its your body fighting them off. When you are sick, your immune system is down.
    So you could have already been sick and not know it and you could get a flu shot, and it really makes your body worse and your immune system worse. You should never get any kind of shot when you are already sick. its not good at all and most doctors wont give you one anyway.
    i just dont risk any shots ever.
    I HOPE THIS MADE SENSE... IM REALLY SLEEPY.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• According to my midwife, very few people actually get the flu. They get colds and think it's the flu but don't actually have the real flu. I have struggled with this and am still thinking about getting one. I am due in March and would absolutely hate to be sick and in labor at the same time. I can't imagine how horribly hard that would be. However, I have gotten the flu shot and gotten the flu anyway, and getting sick does build up immunity (every time you get sick, you build an immunity to that virus). I got the stomach flu at my wedding and I was absolutely miserable, I thought I was dying and I am not one to complain a lot or a sickly person. I had to postpone my flight home and laid in the hotel room shaking and shivering.
    Anonymous

• Never had one my whole life (pregnant with my fourth child) don't let a doctor bully you into shots (of any kind).
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2009