For non-believers...

Tell me what made you a non-believer?.. I'm one myself.. what turned me off is all the things in the bible, and how people kept telling me to take it literally..
1- I can't see how a "God" can make a person the way they are, ex. homosexuals, and then condemn them, when they are "gods" doing.. sorry don't buy it... I'm all for someone that is true to the way they were born.
2 - I don't believe in the bible when a lot of it was already proven to be scientifically false.
3 - I don't see how someone can sit there and not educate themselves with true facts, and will instead follow their faiths blindly, like herd of sheep to a cliff..
soo... what turned you off?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not believe you have one scientific fact stating the bible is false.
    I have scientific fact the bible is true.
    You have no proof that God made homosexuals that way, that is your theory.
    For your faith theory. The bible says faith without works is dead. so if you do not act upon your faith nothing will happen. but for those of us that have acted upon our faith we have had promised results. I do not think you have been living that long to even give a valid reason for your argument.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• What you just said, and more. I find it hard to accept that someone wrote a book thousands of years ago, and we are all just supposed to live by it. So, if I write a book and pass out free copies to everyone, will everyone follow that in a couple thousand years? And then there is religion.. so many different ones, yet they are all the "right" one. I could go on and on.. but I'm tired.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• When I got confirmed in 8th grade we had to write a report. I wrote a report about all of the things I believed in and a lot of this was not taught in my church. My pastor ripped up the report in front of me and told me to do it right and to erase all of my "crazy ideas." I was really hurt by this. At the time I did believe in God I just threw in some other ideas that made sense in my own mind. So after that day I decided that maybe heaven isn't the place I want to be! Plus the idea of Hell scares the sh^t out of me:)
    I stopped believing at that moment. I don't really have a religion now, but most my beliefs fall under buddhism-the same beliefs I had when I was that young 8th grader.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• wow that was really mean of him... but if he follows his religion, he will probably burn in hell for it :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I know right? What a dumbass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'm not the OP but I could argue with you all day. I have seen many shows disproving the bible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Please, name one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• All you have is what you have seen on a show? Come on. Can YOU give me book facts that it is false?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Oh Anon I don't remember the names of the shows I suppose I could do some research and find that info for you, but honestly its late.
    Explain one thing to me, I'm not being rude, but why is it that many people who start preaching about God excessivly end up in mental institutions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Everybody that starts out preaching about God does not end up preaching about God. Keeping God as the focus of your worship is the difference. Anybody that you see in institutions and claim themselves to be "christians" are liars. You are known by the fruit you produce. God is not a God of insane activity. He is kind, gentle and wise. If you want to know a real Christian compare them to the attributes of Jesus. If they do not measure up, they are not his.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2009