• In the Spotlight:

is it better to breast feed or bottle feed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I herd it was better to breast feed. Im 7months pregnant n I plan on just breast feeding for like the first 6-8weeks or so then going to formula. It would be way to hard to have to breast feed alll the time. My moms a nurse n she said if you breast feed for at least 6weeks, the baby will get what it needs from you. But its completley up to you. Its not gunna harm your baby or do anything different if you choose to bottle feed. Hope this helps!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Breastfeeding has benefits like helping to boost the babies immune system and helping mom lose weight quicker.

But what is best for you is up to you. If breastfeeding freaks you out, then bottle feeding is best. The important thing is to enjoy your time witht the baby, not to be stressed out.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Personally I breast fed but it will not hurt your baby to bottle feed. Do what is right for you. I had a heck of a time trying to get him to latch on right and my nipple almost fell off, but in the end it was worth it for me. He eventually got it and everything was great, until he learned how to bite! The bonding experience was truly amazing though and no matter how many problems we had, atleast I will always have that.
    LitningBug

Answer by LitningBug at 3:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Ive always heard breast was best..I tried breast feeding and it felt horrible! I had a nurse 'teach' me how to get her to latch on and it still felt like she was teething on me :( She wasnt getting enough and hen I found out that the nurses were giving her bottles at night I just said that I would bottle feed. The nurses told me breast feeding should be a bonding thing that you look forward to, not dread :)
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Breastfeeding is unquestionably the best possible choice in feeding a baby. However, sometimes circumstances prevent it from being an option, which is why we have formula.

If you can breastfeed your child, you absolutely should do everything in your power to do so. (And realize that the vast majority of women CAN breastfeed.) If you cannot, don't waste your time feeling guilty. Just do the best you can.
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 3:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I have done both. and breastfeeding is WAY easier, better 4 baby (and you) and CHEAPER!! (pracitally free, I did have to buy some nursing tank tops though). The reason I say it is better 4 u is b/c I lost ALL MY BABY WEIGHT, and then some. When I bottle fed it took me 1 year to loose 20 lbs. With breast feeding I lost 30 plus pounds in the 1st 6-8 weeks. It is very difficult at first, neither u nor the baby know what ur doing. But it gets easier everyday. My son is almost 8 months now and we are still breastfeeding almost exclusivly (he has 2 jars of food a day) and he has never had formula. I have saved probably close to $800 by not using formula! any other ?'s feel free 2 message me. Like I said I have done it both ways!
    lionslambs

Answer by lionslambs at 3:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Breast is best. No question.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 3:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• it is better to breast feed
    MISTYKAL

Answer by MISTYKAL at 3:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• my dr said either way is good b/c formulas are so good now that they're almost as good as breast milk
    Elizabeth1015

Answer by Elizabeth1015 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• healthier to breast feed. more convient to bottle feed. as for better, which one matters most to you?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2008