Is it normal for a 8 year old girl to masturbate constantly? adult content

leaser12

Asked by leaser12 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• no, not constantly. talk to her pediatrician
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

• Yes, I had a 3 year old niece who found her pleasure point and did this everyday for nap time.....

Answer by older at 9:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

• I guess you should define "constantly". It's perfectly normal every once in a while
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

• Are you serious? I'm going with NO, this makes me think of sexual abuse, she should have any idea what that is or what it feels like.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

Answer by Brawnwyn a minute ago

At 8?!?!?! Not being a jerk, but REALLY?
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

• I don't think so but i would talk to the doctor.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

• "At 8?!?!?! Not being a jerk, but REALLY?"

No, it really is very common. Kids explore their bodies and this is just a natural by product. Sexual abuse isn't indicated because of it, however, if child that age was mimicking intercourse (not only her role but a male role) THEN you'd be wise to be very worried.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:26 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

• Define CONSTANTLY

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

• Sexual abuse? Unless you suspect someone of this, I would say more than likely she has realized that it feels really good and is going overboard with it.

Sucking fingers is soothing to children but we don't think anything of that. It also brings a pleasure.

I would talk with her doctor and see if they have any recommendations on how to distract her from it without making it 'dirty'.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2011

• It is perfectly normal for kids to do this, but not constantly. My definition of constantly is all the time to the exclusion of normal everyday activities. It can be a sign of sexual abuse if done too often and the child does not have to be mimicking intercourse. Get a profession opinion
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2011