BIRTHCONTROL PREGNANCYS?

IM ON THE BIRTHCONTROL MERINA (IUD) AND I FEEL PREGNANT, I TOOK 2 TESTS AND 1 SAID POSITIVE AND THE OTHER NEGATIVE. WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ANY ONE GETTING PREGO ON AN IUD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• contact your doctor for the +. the test detected pregnancy hormones which means a sperm fertilized an egg, the embryo may not have attached to the wall of your uterus (chemical pregnancy) but better safe than sorry, give doctor a call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Where the two test taken at different times of day?? There may not be enough pregnancy hormone in your system later in the day. Take another test as soon as you get up in the morning. The results of that will likely be more dependable then test taken at other times throughout the day. I would recommend that you go ahead and schedule an appt though, better safe then sorry. It is possible to get false negative, but not a false positive... unless of course you read the test after the specified time limit. I personally prefer digital test because there is no question about what the test is telling you.

Good luck!! Feel free to message me if you need to talk or have any more questions. Oh, and yes, I have heard of people getting preggers while having an IUD. No BC is 100%.
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 2:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I know three or four people that got prego with an IUD.. I had one...I felt like I was prego, took test that said no, went to the pediatricain who told me to see my ob, so I did...my IUD fell out and made my horomones go crazy...possible what happened to you??
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• No,but,I would have my doctor do a blood test.Theirs are always accurately.My cousin always used IUDs, to regulate her cycles and cramps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• That is how my little sister and I were BOTH born... Granted, it was 24 and 22 years ago, but still we're iud babies!! Good Luck!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009