How can I get my 2yr old to brush his teeth?

I've tried everything from having him try it himself, to making it a game, to brushing mommys teeth. NOTHING WORKS! im so frustrated in myself because i've resorted to not brushing his teeth at all, but i don't want them to rot! anyone have any suggestions?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I chase the choo-choo trains out of my son's mouth lol :-) He gets so excited about Mommy chasing the trains that he races me to the bathroom. Also a spinning toothbrush helps us, and his own special rinse cup.
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We started early with our soon to be 2 year old. As soon as he started having teeth we went from the finger brush to a toothbrush, we would watch us brush our teeth and insist that he does his. Now it's a ritual. they also have those toothbrush that play music..Good luck.
    rblessing1973

Answer by rblessing1973 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Get a toddler electric toothbrush. My daughter LOVES hers.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my son has an electric toothbrush(that is spongebob) and we brush our teeth at the same time so he can see that I am doint it to so he needs to.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We started fairly early with my son, so now that he's almost 2, he's starting to actually like it. BUT you can try getting a tooth brush with a light(DS has it and he LOVES it). Also, I don't know if you use toddler tooth paste, my son LOVES that as well! That's how I got him to let me brush his teeth, he really only just wanted to suck all the toothpaste off the brush! (I only put a little drop) Keep on trying, it may take a while, but he'll come around eventually.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I wish i had this problem.. My daughter is addicted to tooth brushes lol..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i got the the toothbrush/toothpaste thing at walgrens that is for toddlers...the toothpaste is fruity and the toothbrush is designed for lil hands, she loves ti brush her teeth, cuz it tatses good, a lil of it is ok to swallow cuz no floride or very little.

even the training toothpaste is ok to swallow in little amounts.    i ask her u wanna brush ur teeth? and she runs to the bathroom.

babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009