When/How should I start potty training my 2yr old?

I'm not sure if it's too early or not. Any suggestions as to when i should start, and how I should go about it?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started DD at 11 months, I heard the longer you wait the harder...she picked it up in 2 weeks and never used a diaper again
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes you can start early but don't pressure them... when they are ready they will go on their own.
    LiloViet

Answer by LiloViet at 2:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i started my daughter at 14 months, but she was ready and the transition was easy, but i did not push she was willing to help.. but one peice of advice if they say they need to go when out of the house stop what your doing and let them go .. happy toilet training
    blossom333

Answer by blossom333 at 5:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• In my opinion two is pretty late, I find it hard to comprehend how parents these days are just leaving it up to caregivers to potty train the kid or use the excuse that 'they are not ready' I just find it complete lazyness on a parents part to let them go past two, three, and up still using diapers. Letting them decide when they 'are ready' come on a child isn't going to get it unless it is introduced to them-so introduce it earlier. Your child will get the hang of it.
    kcjones78

Answer by kcjones78 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have been potty training my daughter for about the past 3 weeks. She has not been wanting to wear diapers so I figured it was time. She pees and poops in the potty during the day and she has maybe 1 accident a day. She only wears a diaper at night until she gets it completely down. She will be 2 in April and I;m pretty sure she will be potty trained by then. Good luck!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 10:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009