Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doyou have to claim Food stamps and Welfare on your taxes?

What happens if you don't? i dont receive either but my sister does so I was wondering.. she told me she is not planning on reporting them

Answer Question

Asked by RaulitosMommy at 5:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I don't think you have to report these.

    Answer by BloomingJen at 7:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • No, these are tax free assistance. I don't think there is even a question about state aid on the tax forms. If she recieves payments for childcare, it may ask exactly how much she pays for childcare (not what the assistance pays for, but what portion does she pay).

    Answer by areaux1 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.