Period While Pregnant?

I just want to hear the experiences of Moms who experienced Heavy period like bleeding for one or more days and still turned out to be pregnant. I suspect that I might be pregnant (bloating, nausea, extremely sore breasts, fatigue, etc), but did have one day of heavy period like bleeding followed by 3 days of spotting. I'm not ignorant, I know...if you think you are pregnant take a test. The thing is that I have fooled myself before and don't want to face the disappointment if I'm wrong. Before I take the plunge and take a test, I'd just like to know if others have had this experience and were actually pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had what I thought was a normal period about a week before I found out I was pregnant with my son. I had all the pregnancy symptoms including missing my period and took test after test but they were all negative. I then had my "period" and took an ept I had already bought a few days later just to take it and it was positive. goes to show you never know. good luck!
    Princess87

Answer by Princess87 at 8:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• When I was preggo the first time, I spotted for the first three months. But never had heavy bleeding. Some women will still have a period while preggo but this is very uncommon. I know you don't want to hear that. But sounds like your symptoms could also just being your period come on. Of course there always is a slight chance you are preggo. But I don't really think that you are. But if the test says no you can always retest in about a week to make sure. I hope you are, and hope you have the baby you want very soon!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• One of my best friends had a "period" until she was 3 months pregnant!!!!! Regular bleeding like a period for 3 days. She thought no different than any other month, then she went to the hospital for food poisoning, and guess what it wasn't food poisoning!!!! ha she was 3 months pregnant. Its more common than you think for people to be pregnant and get "periods." The kicker here, she was on the birth control pill also. She NEVER expected it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes, 2 and a half days once. I was pregnant and got my period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2009