What, if anything, is not okay to joke about?

PurpleDawn

Asked by PurpleDawn at 7:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am against ANY jokes about children with physical and/or developmental disabilities, including the use of words like retard, idiot, moron, etc. Just because you cannot SEE someone's disability, doesn't mean they do not HAVE one!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It's a free country and you can joke about anything you want to in theory. I believe it is wrong to joke about something at someone else's expense though.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• rasist jokes
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• now a days as crazy as it is you cannot joke about anything.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• vulgar annoyance. Like Lisa Lampanelli. I caught her act on comedy central...NOT FOR ME
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The death of a child or a disability.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I think it is human nature to find humor in things...even sad ones because it gets to be so sad you have to laugh or you will cry. Teasing someone outright for things they cannot help is not cool...but when my Gram died we were all so sad and upset...and my then 3yr old DD yelled in the funeral home at the top of her lungs "Why doesn't somebody go wake her up?!" We had to laugh...as hard as it is sometimes....life does go on. I think as long as it is in good taste laughter is the best medicine. The only time it is bad is if it is at the direct expense of others.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't like so-called "jokes" that make fun of physical or mental handicaps or that involve race. Although I must admit that "Polack jokes" are rather funny, and most "blonde jokes" are so stupid I have to laugh, but most other jokes that do not have those elements in them are hilarious. Oh, and I don't like some jokes about old folks, cause they can't help getting old. Someday, with a little luck we will all get old.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I personally dont like jokes that demean other people. (ie- racist, handicapped, religions...) I dont even really like blonde jokes. I really like a good cheesy joke. Like the ones you find on Laffy Taffy. Classic! :)
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I think anything that would offend you if you were the one being talked about then in is not going to be funny.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009