Very tmi question. Has anyone ever had boils on there genitals?

If so what do they look like? How do you get them to go away? What are the causes to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• they probably come from ingrown hairs. I guess eventually you will have to pop it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes I have. They've always been in the same spot and never in an area that had hair so it wasn't from an ingrown hair. They are VERY sore and painful and form a large white head. It looks like a gigantic pimple.

Warm compresses throughout the day on the area will help soften it and make it pop on it's own. If it doesn't pop on it's own then the doctor can always lance it. I had that done once in the ER and they packed it with gauze.

The doc told me that once you've had a boil (or cyst) in a certain area, you're more likely to get them again in the same area.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2009