SAHM: What would you say is the most important thing a new SAHM should know in order to have a positive SAH experience (sanity savers).

Traci_plus_3

Asked by Traci_plus_3 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• Get out of the house! Join a mommy group in your area - try MOPS, MomsClub or look on meetup.com and yahoo groups. Adult conversation is critical to sanity!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Make sure you have some time for yourself, and trust me this can be hard to do. Everybody needs a break now and then.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 4:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• ignore all advice. unless you ask for it. you coudl drive yourself insane trying to follow all that unsolicited advice.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No matter what - get up and put on makeup and a decent comfortable (but cute) outfit. Staying in pajamas makes the lonely, depressing times even worse. :) Keep telling yourself that you are so blessed to be the one doing this and that no one could do it as well as you. :)
    gabrielsmom619

Answer by gabrielsmom619 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• or you coudl just put on some sexy underwear. i did that. its hard to feel sexy when you are covered in spit up but if you are wearing say, black silk see through undies and a nice push up that matches and adds a cup size, it can be done.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• PLAYDATES it is wonderful watching my daughter interact with other children while I get to interact with other adults. I have also had luck with mommy and me classes.
    emmasmommy1016

Answer by emmasmommy1016 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2008