Tmi posted in other topics. Has anyone ever had boils on their genitals?

What do they look like? How do you cure them? And what are they caused by? And can you get multiples at a time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you have an STD? If you don't think you do, I would go get checked b/c boils aren't normal. You might have herpes and if so, you need to get it checked so the baby doesn't get it when born
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I dont have herpes. There is no way that I could. I have only had 1 partner my whole life and I have been with him for 4 years. And the doctor did all of those tests to see if I did have them when I found out I was pregnant. But thanks for telling me that I had them. They are nothing like herpes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'll get little bumps or pimple likt things all the time from shaving, like little ingrown hairs. Mine usually go away on their own. But with out really knowing what yours look like, you will probably get a lot of people who say you might have an std, they are not trying to be rude, you just did not post that you had already been tested in your question, so how could they know.

I would go get them looked at if you are conerned. Even if its just a normal infection of sometime, based on where they are, what if your underwear popped one from rubbing and the bacteria traveled to your vagina. Baby could easily pick it up. Doesn't have to be an STD to be dangerous. Prolonged yeast infections can even hurt baby,so the bumps are something I probably wouldn't try to mess with on my own.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Hi. I've never heard of genital boils but can't your doctor culture one to properly prescribe medicine? I think boils on other parts of our skin can be drained by a day or two of very warm compresses. That cold be difficult down there though. Feel better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• they are called cysts. do yours come to a head(white with puss)? if you apply a hot facecloth on it it will help it to break. dont pick at it!!! after it breaks put antibiotic cream and bandaid on it. it may scar but its ok. i get them all the time. my mother and cousin do as well. you can get a rx wash from your dr to help prevent them. hope this helps
    marissad

Answer by marissad at 11:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I think I know what your talking about I almost freaked out a month or so back thinking I had herpes. I got a bump that looking like a big pimple in side my vag lip. It didnt hurt or anything, there was only one and no crusting like all the web sites I read said I should have. Thinking back I have had this off and on like maybe ever few years since I was 7. There is no way I got herps at 7. Well the last time i had one I popped it didnt mean to though. It popped like a zip then went fully away in like a day or 2... Dont pop it I didnt mean to, you could get an infection!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 7, 2009