14 Month Old Daughter does nothing but scream..

My daughter is at a point where all she does is scream. I have her on a schedule so things aren't hectic for her. From the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed. Everything is the same every day. No matter what she is doing she screams. No tears just screaming. If I hold her, if she is eating, if she is playing, no matter what she is doing. Is there anyone out there who might have some advice on how to deal with this? My pediatrician said to ignore it because if you give her any attention, whether it be negative or positive it's still attention. But I can't ignore it anymore. It's a blood curdling scream for no reason. Like I said no tears just screams. Please help me... I'm a first time mom and I can't handle the screams anymore!

laylasmom1112

Asked by laylasmom1112 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you need to get a second opinion - I'm sure your doctor is fine but you need to get someone to look at her.

Are there ever times she is calm - playing outside, with others? Does she self-soothe at all - with binkie or lovey?

I am so sorry!!!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I agree with Wimsey above, you should have her checked over. I hate to say this, but have you ever had her checked for mental issues by a professional? Sounds like it's not a physical thing, sounds like it could be pyhcological and I'd have her checked for Autism etc.  I hope it's just a stage in her life, but with a diagnosis your much better off, then you'll know how to better deal with the screaming! 

Good Luck and take care!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2009