does this happen to you,?

if one thing goes wrong first thing in the morning is the rest of your day shot? i woke up this morning and my husbands cousin called (they ride to work together) he wasn't going to work so i had to get dressed and take hubby to work. the roads are icy and i hardly got any sleep last night. but that one phone call just set my mood for the day. does this happen to you too?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YUP! Never fails, if the day starts out bad there is a good chance it will continue that way. That is why there is always beer in my fridge lol. Days like that, the fridge is my first stop after putting DD down for the night!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Oh heck yeah!

One thing...even something little...throws off the entire stinkin' day! lol

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yep. If we get up late, we're late for everything all day. If one of us gets mad about something, we're moody all day. It's a lovely cycle.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 8:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes it does happen...and I know you will think I am crazy but lately when I get like that or down in the dumps and want to have myself a little pitty party I actually google things like pictures of the great depression or the holocaust and it snaps me right out of it! I realize how lucky even my crappiest day is....I know weird...but it works for me!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am an emotional basketcase in the mornings! Someone can look at me the wrong way and I'll cry..lol. It takes me about 2 hours to get a grip on things. So YES!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It doesn't happen to me so much, but it happens to DH all the time. I don't think he's unlucky. I just think that he goes into the rest of his day with a bad attitude after the first thing goes wrong. A bad outlook can cause sip-ups and mistakes, or make simple things seem awful.
    Jinxiewolf

Answer by Jinxiewolf at 11:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• YES!!! My husband did something really insignificant this morning that gets under my skin. And since he wasnt here when I woke up I couldnt give him a helpful reminder. And that bothers me... I know, I sound like the wicked witch! I promise I am not... My bother is that I will forget about when he comes home and I will not get to remind him. So it will continue... sorry. I told you... insignificant.
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes, for example, yesterday I found out I was laid of my job for no reason. I was pissed off the rest of the day. Today is much better. Screw it, I'm done with this crappy excuse for a job that only scheduled me twice a week.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• yes, its like if you drop something, you will drop stuff all day..... I agree with you.
    katandtysmom

Answer by katandtysmom at 1:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2009