BPA in bottles and sippies?

My son is 11 months old and I'm trying to teach him to use a sippy. I'm having a hard time finding a sippy without BPA. I've heard that bottles/sippies with BPA are safe as long as you don't heat them up or leave them in cars. Is this true?

ClaireW

Asked by ClaireW at 3:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Actually- I used to think the same thing but once I researched it a bit I realized that the BPA can be released by these polycarbonate plastics just in the normal process of washing them. How many washes it took depended on the brand. Not all bottles/sippy cups are polycarbonate plastic and the ones that are generally have a #7 recycling code and are rigid and clear or translucent. Hope this helps..
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 4:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2008