what the hell?

does anyone else have this problem cuz i can't figure it out. when everyone is off to skool and hubby is at work the baby is a perfect angel all day,but as soon as the others come home she turns into a whiney little snot. that sounds mean but seriously. now today there is no skool cuz of the weather so the oldest two are home and she is being so bad. does this happen to anyone else and what the heck could be the cause of her acting like this?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Please dont feel like you need to defend yourself. All moms have their good days & their bad days. God knows they are days I feel I cant handle one more "MAMA!!" Geeze!! People are so quick to criticize each other.
    Good luck mama! You arent doing anything wrong!! :)
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Well, without knowing you or her personally, I would say my best guess is that she's rather pissed that she doesn't have your full attention when others are around. Babies have precious few ways of communicating, and unfortunately whining is a major one.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• maybe she is trying to get attention. she may think that she needs to be louder than everyone else to make sure you still spend time with her. My son is clingy when I even think about holding someone elses baby.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Well she's not alone! She's not the Center of Attention! Everyone wants to be that! They say the one in the house that waers Diapers rules the household!! You got to take it with A grain of salt & accept it!! Maybe the others can cheer her up & get her to behave & be the Sweet Angel you love most!! Enjoy the time together.... Off School Days I loved!! We had Fun! Find A way to do that! Even if it Was Dancing & doing Goofy fun Memorable things... It can be A great Time!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It could also be the noise level in the house raises when everyone is home. Or it could be there is to much stimulation going on for her. And of course as everyone else mentioned the attention. But I found that my daughter is more whinny when everyone is loud and alot is going on. Dinner, playing, tv, radio, talking, She can't decide which activity she wants in on. And therfore gets whinny. Oh and she is three now. Guess she will grow out of it someday!
    awww.......Someday
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I hate to say this, but you don't sound like a particularly loving and kind mother. You sound very angry, really young. Check ut a parenting class.
    momjack53

Answer by momjack53 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have 5 kids and what your describing is perfectly normal. They get louder because their environment is louder. They act differently because of the dynamics when the other kids are home vs being home alone.

Answer by gemgem at 9:42 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• When the others are home her routine and environment change throwing her off and she has no way to control it.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• hey momjack i happen to be thirty eight years old with two teens and a one year old. probably know more about parenting then you. and i am a loving mother maybe not so kind sometimes with teens and their attitudes. angry only at you right now. i am just wondering why she turns into a little whiner when everyone is home. she never acts like this and it is only during the week if someone has a day off it is like she knows they are supposed to be somewhere else and doesn't want them here when they are not supposed to be. so maybe you should check out some parenting classes. or get better answers cuz um the ones you have now just aint working.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It sounds like she may be upset because her routine is being disrupted. She's used to a quiet household, just you & her. I hope things get better for you!!
    OH - and momjack - thats just wrong. Grow up!! You sound very angry - maybe you should seek help....;)
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2009