???????

I found out just a little bit ago that my husband may get chaptered out (he's in basic) because his foot is taking too long to heal. I have no money saved up because we really fell behind when I had to wait for his paycheck and he'd been laid off for 2 months before leaving for basic.

Is there any kind of assistance out there that anyone knows of that we could use until one of us gets a job?

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help! Thanks so much!

mandystenger

Asked by mandystenger at 9:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, dealing with the military...if he's being discharged due to a medical problem, and it wasn't pre-existing, he may qualify for some VA disability. (my husband is a disabled vet)

Other than that, check with unemployment and VA rehab (they will pay him to go to school in order to find another job...pay his tuition AND he'll get a monthly living stipend). WIC for the kids, foodstamps, etc....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't think he would qualify for VA benefits if he never finishes basic. I was also chaptered out medically in basic and was not eligible for anything. Maybe he can get unemployment though?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009