• In the Spotlight:

Hiccups

Does your baby have hiccups a lots? Anyone know why they get them?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes my baby has the hiccups all the time! i have no idea why they get them but i would also like to know the answer to that! it's too cute though! =]
    ashley8692

Answer by ashley8692 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• yeah with my son he got them a few times a day when my MIL was here she couldnt stop lookin feelin and laughing. her 1st grandbaby.. my whole belly would jump. it was funny one time i was at the bank and he started and i was watching my belly shake and I started to giggle and the lady behind me asked if i was ok I turned around and showed her she started to giggle too and we got almost every one in the bank looking at my belly dance
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 10:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i want to know where they come from too
    lilmomma30295

Answer by lilmomma30295 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my son had them a lot for the first 3 months, even my friend told me that I should see a doctor, but I wasn't worried and hid pediatrician said it was very common, besides I always felt his hiccups when he was inside of me, it was so uncomfortable specially at night, I'd rather feel kicks and moves than feeling those hiccups, because they just keep on tickling you and will not go away.

anyways it will go away evetually. and if you're really concerned talk to his pediatrician about it.

Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• okay im a new mom and i am 22 weeks pregnant what does a baby hiccup feel like?? i know its a stupid question but what does it feel like
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Katiebears89:

it feels like the baby's kicking very softly in a rhythmitic pattern. kind of like butterfly''s in your stomach. it really tickles. i love them. =]

but ya i still want to know where they come from.
    ashley8692

Answer by ashley8692 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• your baby is practicing breathing in your uterus... that could be one cause, another my doctor told me about is that the babies diaphram is only partly formed, it is just a muscle spasm when his muscles contract and practice for breathing. just like when you get hiccups because of muscle spasms.
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009