SAHM: What are the best and worst things, in your opinion, about being a SAHM?

Traci_plus_3

Asked by Traci_plus_3 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• Best: being with the kids.

Worst: this darn computer!!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I love that I get to see my children develop and grow. I get to do daily activities with them. Determine their nap times, what they eat etc. My cousins son is in day care and he is 12 mns. and she was saying how he had to go down to only one nap a day. I would hate people telling me how often my l.o. could nap!! I do not like I have no other adult interaction mon-fri. 8-4 (except on here, of course) but part of that is due to me not driving. I also work part time thurs.-sun. night and I hate that I have to miss out on the fun stuff, ie. baseball games, parties, etc.
    lionslambs

Answer by lionslambs at 3:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• The best thing about being a mom is getting to stay home and see your kids growing up.
    The worst thing is not always having a break or an "adult" to talk to about something other than kids.
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My boyfriend is a manager so he works alot (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays 9am - 1am, Wednesdays 4pm - 1am with Sundays and Mondays off) the good thing about it is that I spend one on one time with his children and my own and most the time its quiet. The worse thing about it is that sometimes you run out of things to do and get seriously bored.
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 4:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• best never leaving the kids.
    worst never leaving the kids.
    its awesome to always know they are safe adn well loved. but damn, man, they cna ride your one last nerve until you want to bawl. there's no time away, no time to destress. i couldnt even give birth without mine. they are never away. erg. but its awesome too that you have that close bond...its a catch 21.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Best - not missing anything, knowing that you are in control of how your child is being raised and what type of influences he/she is having all day.

Worst - It can get lonely not talking to adults very much, you dont get paid for the job :)
    gabrielsmom619

Answer by gabrielsmom619 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It is wonderful especially if you can get to know people who have children their age because I have found playdates are a wonderful thing your child gets to interact with other children and you get to interact with other adults.
    emmasmommy1016

Answer by emmasmommy1016 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The best thing for me is being able to see all the new things my son does, when he does them. I am also comforted that he and I get to have the time to bond and be together.
    The worst thing for me...is being lonely and not getting the chance to get out. He is worth it though. We have fun...for the most part!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 11:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2008