AM I alone? my 2y/o loves to wash her hands atleast 5 times a day..

what do you think of this?

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 9:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My children did too, now it is a battle.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Water and bubbles together!? Super fun for a 2 year old! And 5 times is really not that many in a whole day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• thats all that i know of no telling how manytimes at daycre... and its not the soap and bubbles that she loves she just does not want anything dirt stickiness on her she hates it
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 9:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My son is 8 almost 9 and still does this. He washes to the point of cracked fingers and wrist, ect. When he was in Head Start they drilled into those poor kids that washing hands will kill these awful things called germs. He can't stand to do anything w/o washing hands immedialtly after, before and after meals, bathroom, going outside, touching something that isn't his, I mean it is rediculous. However, I have found nothing to help him stop. So I always keep lotion beside his sink, if you don't and they don't dry there hands well, and lets face it they won't, they will get horrible cracks/dry skin. So just make sure she is getting enough lotion on there.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• "Loves" to or "HAS" to..? One is a desire the other is a compulsion...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had to take my daughter's step stool away. She was always "washing her hands". In reality, she just wanted to play in the water.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my daughter is 3 years old and always washes her hand before she does anything she pulls her chair up to the sink and uses her hand soap and will sit there for like 10 min until I tell her something.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009