I CANT GET MY BABY TO SLEEP IN HIS OWN BED I PUT HIM THERE AND HE JUST SCREAMS AND CRYS AND COMES TO BED I EVEN TRIED JUST PUYTTING HIM TO SLEEP W/ ME THEN MOVING HIM BUT HE WAKES UP A LIL WHILE LATER AND COMES INTO MY BED CRYING

MISTYKAL

Asked by MISTYKAL at 3:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD does this also, i just keep moving her back to her bed and then after about thr 3rd time now she will stay she is kinda figureing out that she is going back to her bed no matter what we use to spend a lot more time doing this but now its down to about 3 times or less a night.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 3:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• try hooking up his bed with whatever crtoon charthter like pillow sheets and pillo cases and keep putting him back in the bed and tell him thats his bed.
    yumymommy

Answer by yumymommy at 3:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• We had a HUGE problem with my DD because I lived with my mother and other family for 7 months while my husband was deployed. Then when she was 11 months old we moved back to California with my husband. It was probably the toughest couple of months in my life.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 3:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• What we did was establish a routine with her. It was the same thing EVERY night, and the same time EVERY night. It was hard and kind of demanding. The last thing we did every night was rock her to sleep and then lay her down. For the first month I would go and get her every time she woke up and would rock her back to sleep. I would sit next to her crib and rub her back and say ssssh until she would finally fall asleep.
    Finally, after a couple of months I eliminated rocking her all together. We used the CIO method and the first couple of nights were just HORRIBLE! But after about a week we layed her down and that was it, she in bed for the night.
    To this day she still has pouty nights but it rarely lasts longer than a couple of minutes. As long as she's healthy, comfortable, fresh diaper, letting him cry is not a big deal.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 3:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i tried to let him just cry this out and my neighbor actually called the police on me isnt that funny anyways thank you so much
    MISTYKAL

Answer by MISTYKAL at 4:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think toddlers go through major emotional changes and they are very in secure after facing the real world. They want to be with their mother all the time... They are attention seekers and mostly create scene to get the attraction of others.

the other day i read a very nice article regarding parenting toddlers... Every parent should know these facts....
    You can read the article on http://www.herdaily.com/parenting/500/parenting-toddlers.html
    suchity

Answer by suchity at 5:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I tried letting my daughter cry it out and it backfired on us BIGTIME. She ended up being scared to death of her crib. To get her over her fear I ended up having to stand next to her crib with her until she went to sleep. If she started crying I would pick her up and as soon as she stopped I would put her back. But I always stayed with her until she was in a deep sleep. It only took about a week of doing this for it to work. A lot of stress on me, but anything to make her feel safe again. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• once you get them started it is hard to break the cycle I made the mistake of letting my daughter sleep with me and it took forever to break her from it I started putting her in her crib at nap time and eventually started putting her in it at night time and it worked and I have been sleeping great ever since.
    emmasmommy1016

Answer by emmasmommy1016 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2008