Christians: define the term 'Christian'?

To the Christians on the board, how do you define the term 'Christian?' For example, is it simply one that accepts Christ as saviour? Do you believe that Christians who do not take the Bible as literal truth are still Christian? Just curious... not wanting to start drama!

Freela

Asked by Freela at 9:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I believe that Christians who believe in what the Bible teaches but don't take every word literally are still considered Christians. There has been debate for years over passages in the Bible being taken literally. I think that if you have a personal relationship with Christ and accept him as your Savior then you are Christian.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Christian.....follower of Christ. One who lives according to Jesus teachings.....And the big one we all would love to be described as......Christlike.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• MY definition of a Christian is someone who accepts Christ into his/her life AND actively persues a relationship with God and Jesus.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The ones who accepted Christ as their Lord and savior. John 14:6 The ones who believe in the trinity. These are my sisters and brothers. The others I call friends.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• To be a Christian is to be Christlike, to follow Jesus, to believe on Him for your salvation
    sharnos

Answer by sharnos at 10:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i echo jcrestored me.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 11:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2009